View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 04:26 PM   #653
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Silvanis looked about the innas the din of converse and the soft caress of the flute drifted about. He nodded toward a woman inquiring at the bar and sipping an ale, with a carfully placed veil upon her.

'Lady Léspheria, see the one who stands at the bar with the veil, it is a land where ones such as she comes. I was there to a place amid the sands, called the Oasis. it was at times filled with people, and at others none. The dancers were captivating and the traders both tough and fair, yet one such as I from the north was watched warily. I would go through Ithilien on my way there, for it was easier to cross the Poros than the mouth of the Anduin.'

Silvanis drained his ale and stood again, looking about and noting the stablehand had not done as he asked, so he nodded to Lady Léspheria and said,

'I have to tend to my horse and give her free range for the night, for there will be trouble if left in the stables. It has been pleasure to converse with thee, and I will return shortly, and if you are still free I will return the favor of refreshment.'

He bowed to the lady and made way toward the door, looking over at the veiled woman who had taken to converse with a hobbit lass. Silvanis turned away when her eyes saw his, and he pushed his way out the door.

Silvanis made way to the stables, and Blackveil was being antsy and troubled. It was her way not being used to the enclosed spaces. Coming to her and taking her free, he paused, listening to the sounds of the stables...

[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: Snowdog ]