View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 12:18 PM   #487
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Aman took the pen, surprised and grateful. It was wooden, carved a little at the end farthest from the nib, which was silver and, as yet, unstained. "Thankyou, Annalaliath."

Slipping the pen into her own pocket, Aman swept the last of the hair into a dustpan and went to the bar, where there was a bin, tipping the golden hair into it like a inkstained fall of snow. Looking up once more she saw Hapman walk over to a newcomer, his ever friendly smile on his merry face, and was about to join him, before she was intercepted by a young woman intercepted her.

"Excuse me, am I right in saying you are the new Innkeeper here?" She asked, her voice quiet, polite and musical. Aman glanced at Hapman and the woman, hovered for a moment, then decided Hapman would make fine company until she could spare a moment.

"Aye, thats right." She held out a hand. "Aman of Rohan."

The woman took it. "My name is Léspheria. I am here with my brother, Lóthaniel. We have...a small gift, from the lords Elladan and Elrohir - for the naming ceremony of the children of Piosenniel and Mithadan." Aman looked at her with questioning eyes, and the woman allowed herself a small grin. "Twenty casks of Miruvor."

Aman's eyes widened at this, and she had to forcibly stop her mouth from dropping open. She managed to regain control of her voice box. "Tw-" She stopped herself, gaining control of her voice rather than letting it stay as the squeaky, surprised noise it had been then. "Twenty casks? Of Miruvor? Well I...well." She finished, still gobsmacked, before adding, "Thankyou indeed!"

Léspheria smiled once more. "We asked the stable hand to get help with carrying them inside."

An image of the stable boy flashed past Aman's mind's eye. A well-meaning lad, very good with horses certainly, but otherwise a little awkward. And with that much fine wine... "I'll go and check up on him now then." She said hastily, but didnt go immediately, not wanting this kind guest to be left standing here. "Is there anything else I can get you beforehand?"

"Yes please, Aman. Would it be possible to get a room please?"

The stablehand just went on the list of things Aman had to do. She went back to the bar, beckoning the other to follow. From behind the bar, she retrieved a room key, with a wooden keyring bearing a carved dragon on it, and gave it to the woman. "First floor, just a few doors along to the right when you get up there. If you don't intend to go up immediately, would you like something to drink, both you and your brother?"