View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 01:25 PM   #397
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Sting

Aman looked up as the newcomer came in, serving her and pulling her a drink. She was about to start a conversation with the slightly glum looking woman, before she felt a pull on her elbow and looked down. At this, a righteous looking hobbit began his arguement about Big People in the Shire.

"Excepting yerself, of course madam, and the lovely Pio- lovely innkeeper that she is- but these Big Folk in the Shire...oh, I dont know, its not natural, them always lookin' down on us and that, causing all sorts of trouble..."

Aman nodded mildly at the hobbit, glad that she had apparently been cleared of such charges, but wondering when humans and elves had been "causin' all sorts of trouble"...

Another man had now moved over to the young woman, so she wasnt left on her own. Aman smiled at him, and recognised him as she did so- Derufin, one of the Inn's regulars, and a good friend of Piosenniel, as she had introduced him personally. She made a note to thank him personally later. For now she turned back to the indignant hobbit and his views on 'The Big Folk.' Finally, she butted it, and pushed a drink across to the hobbit, telling him it was on the house with a smile. He was so chuffed that he beamed back, breaking off his lecture and completely forgetting that all drinks were on the house and trotted off to his friends.

Glancing out the window, Aman saw that it was getting dark outside. She stifled a yawn. Despite her lie in this morning- she was notorious for her lie ins- she was already feeling tired. But as she surveyed the room, she felt herself start smiling again, for no other reason than she was completely satisfied.