View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 12:43 PM   #309
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai bowed her head to the elf woman.

"Forgive me for not answering you immediately, lady Annalalaith. How rude of me. My name is Nahai, of... of the Beornings." It was the first time she had ever introduced herself as such, and it felt rather strange. She rarely told anyone of her heratage, and here she was, blabbing it out to anyone who so much as looked in her general direction. But she felt she could trust Annalalaith. She had such an understanding face and a musical laughter that seemed to put everyone who heard it in a lighter mood.

"Thank you for your consolations, milady." she said. "you give me hope, even if it is a small hope, of ever seeing my beloved Celecu again." Then she turned to Morwyn. Nahai dearly wanted to comfort Morywn, but her people skills were somewhat lacking. She couldn't imagine how terrible it must have been to lose both husband and child, leaving nothing but her horse and her memories. Suddenly, she felt as though she knew what she should do. She removed a long, thin bag from her swordbelt, gingerly placing its precious contents on the bar. It was a wooden flute, beautifully carved with the images of leaves and vines, birds and deer, and scripted elvish runes. She held the instrument in her hands as though it was some priceless jewel.

"Music hath charms to sooth the savage beast in man and nature," she said. "When I feel that all hope is lost, I play this. It..It helps relieve the pain." She placed the flute in Morwyn's hand. "I'd like you to have it. I hope it will help you as it did me." she said. Red tinged the apples of her cheeks. That sounded very lame. Dear Valar, her gift of speech was about as great as an orc's gift of beauty. Averting her eyes, she hoped Morwyn didn't think her to be a complete idiot.