View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 04:16 PM   #271
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai ordered a cup of tea. She took a slow sip, organizing her memories the best she could. Having done this, she placed the cup back on the bar and took a deep breath.

"It was several years ago. I had just moved into my own home inside the borders of Mirkwood. It was a peaceful place, green and quiet, save the sounds of the birds singing.

"One evening, I was out for a walk in the woods when I heard the sounds of a fierce battle nearby. To my left, somewhere in the trees, I could hear wargs growling. I would have left immediately if I had not caught traces of Elvish battle-cries among the growls.

"Curious, I went to investigate. It was not long until I found the source of the noises. There in a clearing, a lone elf, bloodied and battered, was fighting four full grown wargs! One warg lie dead at his feet, and he weilded his sword with great skill, but he was visibly tiring.

"I leapt to his aid in bear form. At first, both elf and warg seemed wary of my presence, but soon realized that I was most definately fighting on the elf's side.

"Together we defeated the last three wargs, but the elf was badly wounded. He probably thought he was hallucinating when he saw me change into my human form and bring him to my house.

"He stayed in my house for many days, healing. He told me his name was Celecu, and we two became good friends. It was he who taught me to weild the sword.

"Soon I realized that he was more than just my friend. I loved him dearly, and he loved me in return. Even after he had healed and returned home, he visited me regularly.

"For once, I felt as though I was somebody. I had never been happier in my life. Before I met Celecu, I didn't think Beornings could exist with the other races.

"Shall I continue, or do I bore you?"