View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 04:26 PM   #295
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Frodess has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

With the catlike eyes appeared a face from the shadows. It was beautiful face that stared at Champignonne. Pink lips, and dark brows framed those strange eyes. He had also a noble nose. His hair was dark, Champignonne could not decide in that dark light, if it was black or a dark brown.

"Excuse me," spoke the being in the Common Tongue, "I did not mean to frighten you. Could you direct me to the Green Dragon Inn?"

"Um. . .eh. . " the frightened hobbit was speechless, but the being smilled comfortingly.

"I am sorry that I did not introduce myself. I am Tiquandel, and have travelled here from Rivendell."

"Rivendell? Then that would mean you are an elf!" In amazement, she bowed her head, as if in reverence of Tiquandel. He chuckled.

"And you, my dear, are a hobbit by the name of. . . "

"Uh, Champignonne"

"Well met. Now, would you show me to the Inn?"

"Certainly." With this, she walked with him to the door of the Inn and stopped.

"Will you not enter with me?" Tiquandel asked inquisitively. She noticed he had no horse.

"I was to leave this place. . . "

"Surely another night will do no harm. Come! Let me thank you and know you better, hobbit girl. I will pay for your board."

"It's not that. I have money, but. . . "

"Come! Let us go in." With this, he took her hand and opened the door. Some lokked at the odd pair, others were too absorbed in their own conversations. The elf walked Champignonne up to the bar, and asked to be served, adding "Indeed, you must be hungry, for I have heard the appetite of a hobbit is such that it cannot be compared with any being in Middle Earth!" He smilled jovially, and waited for their order.