View Single Post
Old 12-14-2002, 02:28 PM   #316
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Yes, spoke Elwen quietly," I seem to be doing it alot this evening if it is indeed the same one. The time passes strangely in this place."

Elwen smiled to the man who had talked to her, gently tossing her hair away from her face. "I am Elwen, the star maiden, as my name implies. Greetings and well met. I heard you singing earlier, you had a most beautiful voice. I was about to play my flute for the company gathered but remembering your talent from earlier, I don't think I will. There was only one who could ever play this flute, he the master and I the pupil, but he is gone and I have only this to remember him by until I am reunited with him." Elwen held out the silver flute for the man to see, gently her fingers danced along the length of it tracing the swirls of vines and leaves.

"May I ask your name? I heard you being called Soronūmė. Is that right? That is a name of a constellation of my people." Elwen began to walk away from the doorway scaning the room for somewhere to sit. "You see the wisest of my people are gathered together to guide the spirits tied to Arda, like I now am. Soronūmė is one of the oldest and brightest."

Elwen glanced over the man trying to decide whether the name suited him. It did, there was something about this man standing before her, something that she couldn't put her finger on, not yet anyway. There was a distinct elven quality about him, the way he held himself, or the way he spoke. Elwen was intersted to learn more about this mysterious man. Elwen could sense that he knew she was looking at him. She quickly glanced away, smiling to herself, her eyes flashing in the fire light.

"Have you travelled far?" Elwen questioned him.

[ December 14, 2002: Message edited by: arelendil ]