View Single Post
Old 11-27-2002, 01:22 PM   #32
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Tallin heard small sound, the sound of someone stubbing their toe. Her eyes flicked open but she remained still.

A tall, cloaked figure, the hood of its cloak thrown back to reveal long hair, its red gleam still visible in the light of the embers of the fire. Raye.

Tallin cursed inwardly; this was something she could do without. Not that she was feeling bad or anything, but Raye was always something she could do without...

The woman was creeping towards the horses, a rope in her slender hand. The hand that has killed many. For one rather unheroic moment she thought of just pretending to be asleep before mentally slapping herself. She knew Raye was not cruel to animals, or not as cruel as she was to humans and elves, but it was the principle of the thing. Her hand crept to her side, fingering one of the many throwing knives concealed on her person.

"Dia? Get up."

"Whuh? Ow, man, never bang your head on a tree branch first thing in the evening-"

Tallin winced at the noise and hushed furiously but the wold had already made more than enough noise to alert the murderess. She had frozen and slowly she turned to face the tree Tallin was leaning against.

"I know youre there, dog-tamer. You can stop hiding behind them now." She mocked softly, not waking the others but so her voice carried. Tallin gritted her teeth against the insult, standing.

"Whats a beautiful nightmare like you doing out here then Raye? Oh, sorry, I forgot your brief span as a Lady of the Night..." The elf countered. Raye stepped forward, a long knife gleaming in her hand.

"You'll regret that girl." She leapt, as smoothly as swift as a fox towards the elf and her wolves....