View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 03:04 PM   #26
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

OCC: Ok so Im not taking a back seat! Sorry about rushing you dragon.

Tallin saw the horse and its rider roound the corner in front of them and noticed the horses fear of the wolves immediately by its flattened ears and wild eyes. She looked down at the pair by her side.

"What?" Dia said reproachfully. "I didnt do anything! 'Scuse me one moment while I go and switch species." She added in a mutter. She had been stroppy with Tallin ever since shed been proved worng over the horse issue. Tallin sighed and gave a small smile, but she would have to sort it out later with Dia; right now there was one large frightened horse and an edgy and embarrased rider heading straight for her. The horses wild eyes were swivelling around looking for an escape and its rider was getting just as agitated trying to control it. She tried to steer past hastily but suddenly the horse froze, its eyes locked with one of the wolves, frozen in an endless moment. Then, breaking out of the trance the horse reared and bolted forward, throwing the rider off; however, the woman jumped up, whirling around and grabbing her steeds reins and holding on stubbornly until the horse calmed down. Her speed and skill impressed Tallin, who swiftly dismounted to greet the newcomer.

"Are you all right?" Belle called forward, before also dismounting. The woman looked up, her cheeks pink with embarrasment with a bashful smile.

"Yes Im fine. Ive made such a spectacle of myself though." She replied a little sheepishly. She glared, but rather dubiously at the wolves. Dia gave Tallin an injured look and lay down muttering and Jet followed suite.

Tallin smiled at the woman; she had made a similar entrance when she had first met Oropher, but with her it had been falling out of a tree. She stepped forward.

"I am sorry about that. My wolves, as they keep reminding me-" She glared at Dia. -"Cannot help their species. Im sorry for the upset though. My name is Tallin Wolfsoul." She held out a hand.

The woman took it, a look on her face as fif she almost recognised the name and smiled, but she looked a little puzzled.

"Your wolves."

Oh boy... "In a way yes. They are my family in a way." The woman looked astonished and considering this is the scale of things Tallin didnt blame her. Belle and Faryn saved her from explaining further as she too introduced themselves. "I am Ainabelleth Quelleur of Lorien. This is Faryn or Mirkwood." Faryn looked rather please at being given a title. "What brings you here to Mirkwood Arrelle?" She continued.

[ August 18, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]