View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 01:08 PM   #24
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Tallin had not ridden a horse in years. A lot of years. She hadnt tried talking to one before either. She looked sceptically at the sleek stallion standing in front of her and hoped that its mind would work in approximately the same way as the wolves.

"Good morrow, fine Stallion." She tried tenatively. The horses ears straightened up and it shook its head, looking around for the animal that had talked to it.

"I tried to tell you Tall. Its a dumb beast." Jet was sitting some way behind Tallin with Dia. She had told them to stay hidden in case they scared the horse. Dia had commented that that would involve changing species. Tallin ignored them. She stepped towards the horse, laying a hand on its nose and looked into its liqid eyes.

"Friend, it is me who speaks. By what name can I address you?"

The horse looked in as close to astonishment as it could get. Then it nodded its head to her slowly. Its mind voice when it came was deep and mellow, like the soft warmth of the sun. "I am Delroth, stallion of Rohan."

"Of Rohan? Oropher has honoured us indeed!" It didnt hurt to use a little flattery. "I will remember you great status when , or if you give me permission to ride?"

Delroth looked a little taken a back. But of course mistress. And you may tell the large dogs to come out of the bushes now." There was a smile in his voice.

Tallin smiled back and whistled at the wolves before mounting Delroth. A shiver ran through her; they were off!

[ August 18, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]