View Single Post
Old 11-11-2002, 05:09 PM   #21
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Light streamed through the windows. Hwestlaeriel looked at the little windows and slid out of bed. She quietly got her robe on and went into the kitchen.

Suddenly, two hands came, easily lifting her up by her waist. She shrieked and struck at her "attacker".

"Daro (Stop)!" came the familiar voice, letting go, "It is all right! I am sorry! Calm yourself!"

Hwestlaeriel shrieked, turning around, "BERETHION!"

She jumped on the tall, handsome Elf, giving him a big hug.

"Muindor (brother)! You have returned!"

"Of course I have, Hwesta," Berethion said.

"But, where is Dantilaision?" she asked, looking around.

"You know him. He is on his own."

"You left him?" Hwestlaeriel asked, accusingly.

"No, it was the other way around, little sister, I assure you," Berethion said, the tall Elf smiling down at her. He was an even 6'7" while Dantilaision was 6'5". They both were as fair as their sister and had similar features, reflecting those of their parents.

"When will you leave again?" Hwestlaeriel asked.

"As soon as I may," Berethion said, grabbing some cheese from the table and preparing to eat it. Hwestlaeriel slapped his hand, "Ai! Why did you do that?"

"You know you have to wait for our parents!" she said, a gleam in her eye.

"Yes, yes, I know," he said, smiling. He continued, though he already knew what the response would be, "So, what do you propose we do?"

"I know not," she said, the gleam in her eye. Next thing he knew, she had pulled the dagger from where it was always tied to her thigh and it was pressed against his throat, "What do you think?"

In a flash, he easily pushed her not-too-strong arm down, and tackled her, pushing her out the door. She landed hard on her back, laughing.

"Now, little sister, we all know I am stronger than you, so, will you give up now?" Berethion knew the answer would be negative.

"But I am swifter, dear brother," she said. She brought her knee swiftly up into his stomach, causing him to roll off, and she rose to her feet. She ran through the forest, laughing. She heard him running behind her, laughing as well...