View Single Post
Old 11-03-2002, 12:32 AM   #2
Ainabeleth of Lothlorien

Pipe

A tall, injured, Elf rode fast down a road leaving a cloud of dust trailing behind her. She had a stern look on her fair face and her hair was dirty matted. Blood ran down her cheek and her knuckles were white. She approached a large wooden gate, leading to the city of the Wood Elves. The gates creaked open for her and left puzzled guards scratching their heads as to who she was and why she was in such a hurry.
Nearby elves stood and watched as she went galloping to the King's palace. A tall blonde haired man stepped in her way.
"Away you fool, I stop for no one!" she called.
"Stop this horse immediately." he commmanded with a stern voice and stubbornly kept his position.
She pulled the reigns and the horse came to an abrupt stop right in front of the nobley dressed elf. The leather saddle strained and the woman slid down off of the saddle. The horse sighed into the mans face and he gave a sour look and stepped to the side. His lips parted ready to speak but she said,"What business do you have stopping me on my own personal business."
"I am the king of this forest and you are disturbing the peace," He said
mocking her rudeness, " Where is it you come from and why are you in such
haste?"

Ainabeleth, noticing her mistake in talking to him in such a way, bows and says," I am Ainabeleth Quelleur of Lothlorien and I...was in search of my brother
who disappeared into the Grey mountains 2 months ago. Please excuse my appearance, I had a small battle with a warg and I lost my direction. I believe this is the city of the wood elves...am I mistaken?"
"No you are not mistaken my lady. This is the city of the wood elves and you are tired and injured from your journey. Please come to my palace and my servants will clean you up and give you boarding for the night."
"Oh thankyou ma' lord. I am lucky to be in the hands of such a fine King." The king led Belle, as she liked to be called, to the great oak door of his home. She stepped onto the oak floors and gazed about in wonder at the amazing carpentry and the intricate corbals and mantels. The king gave a light whistle and servants scampered out into the great hall. He whispered to them and they looked up and smiled at Belle.