View Single Post
Old 12-15-2002, 05:16 AM   #10
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Krikaw settled on the branch next to Brak.
He paused a moment with his wings outstretched, feeling the sunlight filtering through the trees. His move nearly knocked someone else off the branch, but the bird was able to catch himself from falling with little more than a startled squawck, so Krikaw didn't worry overmuch about it.

"Well, what have you heard in the flock?" Brak asked.

Krikaw fluffed the feathers out on his neck and shook his head to smooth them back into place: a crebain shrug. "Not much," he murmered to Brak. "I always seem to find myself surrounded by crebain who are little more than chicks, and they don't know anything of worth." Brak nodded, understanding. Krikaw did his neck fluff again. He honestly didn't know what made him so popular among the youngest members of the flock. He continued, "I did see Akaaw flying toward the Master's tower, though, so I can only guess this mission is special, or the Master would have waited for Akaaw's normal check in later in the day, rather than summon him before dawn." Brak nodded again. That made sense. He was about to respond when a ripple went through the flock and somebody uttered a loud CAW!, though it was unclear who it was.

[ December 15, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]

[ December 16, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]