View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 05:17 PM   #35
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

Penny grabbed for her basket as she was thrown violently out of the boat. All she got was her knife. Seconds later she felt the hard slap of the unstable water, as she fell in. The water was freezing and it was even colder with the rain and wind. She was cold and felt alone.

Penny was suddenly jerked back to reality when a large wave washed over her head. This is the river. I can swim. Another huge wave was approaching rapidly. Penny took a deep breath a dove under the restless water as the wave washed overhead. She sunk down for a few seconds and then began to kick back up to the top. *Gasp* Penny had reached the top and was no soaked form head to toe. Her curls were lying damply on her shoulders. He expression was depressing and she had no smile on.

Somewhere to the far right of her she heard someone yell. "Please someone help me!" Penny instantaneously started kicking towards the faint and faded voice. It was no use. The current was way to strong and fierce. Penny hade to dive under the water again as another set of large waves came towards her. She had no choice but to go with the current. Don’t fight it she thought as she came back up, and immediately the tide swept her downstream.

Penny felt something hit her feet after what felt like an eternity. She kicked up sand as she struggled up the shore. She managed to get father awy from the river until she collapsed. She lay there drenched. In her hand was the knife she had grabbed from the basket. I hope the others are fine, she thought. Seconds later she plunged into darkness. She was alone, and scared. She was numb. Then everything finally went black…