View Single Post
Old 05-23-2003, 04:47 PM   #15
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Garnet!" Ruby yelled. The girl looked up, just catching her sister running towards her.

"Garnet, guess what? Ama and Olo are sailing away with a boat!" Garnet stared at her sister. "Are you sure? They´re sailing away? On the Brandywine?" Ruby exitedly looked at her sister. "Garnet this is our chance! We can have an adventure! Olo says we can come, and he doesn´t think we´re too young."

Ruby grinned. This was just too good to be true. Olo Brandybuck, who was something close to the extend of her role-model was letting them go on an adventure with him.

"Ruby do you think this is a good idea. I mean Dad would never allow that, and besides, we´re far too young, and it might be dangerous."

Garnet saw Ruby´s smile fade away. She knew she was right, but for one thing, Ruby didn´t like to hear "that kind of truth" and for another, Garnnet knew her sister would be dissapointed of her. But Ruby was far to exited to care.

"We´ll just have to run away then. When we´re on the river, dad can´t follow us, so why bother? And dangerous- hahaha- What IS danger?? The Shie is the un-dangerous-est spot in the world, for Apple´s sake!"

"Run away?" Garnet was shoked. She was just about to add a "But Ruby" when she earned a glowering look. "I guess we can try that.. ." she quickly added instead.

It was night. "Garnet!" Ruby hissed at her sister. "Garnet wake up! We have to leave! GARNET!!"

The girl just turned around and snored. "Garnet, I really hate doing this... not!" Ruby hissed. She then grabbed her sisters blanket and violently shook her awake.

"What? Who? Ruby? What time is it? Has anyone died?" Sleepily, Garnet turned around. "oh.. right. The boat thingy." "Exactly! Now get dressed!"Ruby wispered urgently. Quickly, the two girls put on their clothes -Ruby´s ripped, of course- and climbed out of the window. They silently crossed the yard when suddenly-

"YOUNG LADIES!" A boomimg voice rang out of the house. Grandma? Noooo, please no, Ruby silently prayed. But it was no use. The tirade that followed was horrible, but survivable. Garnet looked down and cried a bit, but her sister just stuck her chin up defensively. "And you- Ruby, don´t give me that look!" Grandma snapped. When they were stuck into bed with a "I´m very dissapointed of you, girls" from their father, Ruby was still furious, yet her sister couldn´t help be very relieved. For today, they´d escaped the adventure...