View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 03:59 PM   #5
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

elven maiden Earwen’s post

Penny Took skipped along the Brandywine’s edge. Her Brother hade just left and there was nothing for her to do. Her curly golden hair bounced and her blue eyes sparkled. She was considered odd for a hobbit because she had a great love of travel and water. She stopped to watch some white birds fly by and to help a little squirrel. She always loved animals. She heard a strange noise coming farther down the river.
She ran over. She found Olo Brandybuck and Amaryllis Brandybuck.

“Hi, what are you guys doing?” Penny asked. “I was going to get some flowers for my mother, but I found Olo here—“ Amaryllis started to say, but Olo interrupted her. “I’m building a boat.” Surprised Penny turned her gaze to the river and saw a boat. Penny stared in delight. “A boat!” she exclaimed. She looked back at Olo who was staring back at his boat proudly that he and his friends had made. “Are you going to sail it?” “Olo thought they might tomorrow.” Amaryllis said. “Can I come please?” “Sure” said Olo turning his gaze away from the boat. “Thank you” Penny said “see you tomorrow. She happily ran home.