View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 09:54 PM   #108
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Primrose listened to each suggestion and carefully considered it. She felt nervous with her responsibility as leader, but she did not let it show. She only hoped she would be able to be a good leader.

Quote:
"Candied fruit, and tarts. We could get from the market at Waymoot, if we don't have time to make 'em."
Hopefully we'll have time to make them, Primrose thought. I can imagine how expensive that kind of thing could get. Mum could do it, maybe. I'd just have to figure out a way to have her do it without letting her know about the party...

Quote:
"Problem is, if there really are bandits about, things will start to get expensive. I've worked for Rory Bellows down in the Southfarthing a few times, and I know that he'd put his price up if things looked dangerous. Charges like a wounded bull if he gets the chance, he does!"
"Just what I was afraid of," Primrose sighed. "Unfortunately I don't think any of us are rich... maybe Bilbo would give us a hand with that? I'll speak with him later today."

Biffo suggested going to Waymoot first, and then Olo brought out his map. Primrose studied it, then remembered her own map, and fetched it out.

Quote:
"I think we should need to ride rather than walk, and also that we should stick together."
Ride... "We'll need ponies, then," said Primrose. "I own a pony and a cart, but the cart is for carrying supplies. My family owns a few more ponies, so if we can make a good excuse I could get them to lend them to our company."

Quote:
"I think we should check out Michel Delving for the decoration. The Romild-folks are the best candle-makers in the Shire, everyone knows that. And we'll need presents, too. I'm sure we could get some nice stuff at the toyshop and 'Markenbrands'."
Michel Delving. Primrose quickly looked at the map. "Michel Delving is southwest from Waymoot, about 13 or 14 leagues away. Waymoot is about 8 leagues away from Hobbiton. We should head to Waymoot first, I think, and from there on to Michel Delving. If we're riding I think we could get to Waymoot and halfway to Michel Delving in a day."

Quote:
"And one other thing. What about suplies for us? Are we going to sleep in Inns every night? And if not, if we'll sleep in the wild, what will we need? Blankets, I'd say, food, a knife... what more?"
Quote:
"I wouldn't mind sleeping out in the wild, I've always dreamed of it. But we need some Hobbits with the knowledge for this. Did anyone of you ever camp in the Shire? And if so, what did you need for it? I don't think we could afford spending the nights in inns, it would be just too expensive so I'd say we should really sleep outside and just be a bit careful that no one attacks us. Or do you have better ideas?"
"I think Crystal is right," said Prim. "Inns will be very expensive, and we couldn't possibly afford it with all the supplies we have to get. But it's dangerous to sleep in the wild, if these rumors of bandits are true."

She paused and began to think. This was a difficult decision. She looked out the window, but she knew she could not think long. The company was eagerly awaiting her answer.

"I'll make my definite decision when we find out if Bilbo will supply us with the money we need," she said at last. "But for now I'll say that we'll probably have to sleep outdoors and risk the danger of bandits, and occasionally sleeping at an inn. But that is not the final decision.

"Does anyone own a pony? What about Crystal's question? Have any of you slept in the wild before? I have, once, but unfortunately I don't know what's needed, because my father and I had no choice. That's another tale that will be good for the road, if one of you will remind me." She looked about at the company, and waited for their answers, hoping she was living up to everyone's expectations.