View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 07:56 PM   #90
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Bilbo opened the door and stood staring in amazement at Sam and Belle. Then he immediately helped Sam bring the limp form of the girl in and bring her to the spare bedroom.

"Is she dead?" Marigold asked, her eyes worried.

"No, but she's broken her arm," said Bilbo. "Marigold, my girl, you run as fast as you possibly can and get her eldest brother who's staying with friends in Hobbiton. Sam, no doubt you're rather tired. Why don't you go down and get a drink?"

Marigold went running out the door, but Sam did not move. "I'm not thirsty, Mr. Bilbo," he said. "Is there anything I can do?"

"I don't think we can do much until her brother arrives," said Bilbo with a smile. "I'm no doctor, you know."

They sat there together with Belle, waiting for her brother to arrive.

"Where is that Annabell?" Primrose grumbled. "It's been twenty minutes since we all arrived. I'm anxious to get started." She sighed and leaned back in her chair. "If she doesn't come soon this meeting is going to take a long time, and I'll get home late. And then I'll catch it from my parents."

She stood up. "All right, we'll do some small discussing while we're waiting for her." Prim looked at all the hobbits gathered around. "I'll take ideas for how we should go about our journeying. Anyone got one?"

[ January 20, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]