View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 08:19 PM   #21
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

"Finally, we're off!" Haydn said under his breath as he heard Falin's command. The whole time when the group had been gathering together, he had just sat quietly scanning over his sword. This quest had really been the only excitement he had had for some time now. Being a ranger of the lands between the Shire and Rivendell does not often come with great wars or quests to fulfill.

Haydn followed Falin slowly along with many other Men and Dwarves. He kept his sword by his side with all his thoughts beant on the upcoming door. Just as Falin approached the entrance, many different thoughts ran through Haydn's mind.

Why am I here? he asked himself. After all these years of wandering Middle Earth alone, how did I end up in the middle of a quest with a group of Men and Dwarves?

Haydn looked around at his company. He said to himself again, Men...and Dwarves. Men...and Dwarves...going into the Paths of the Dead. He sighed as the thought suddenly crossed his mind. Wouldn't this be a sight for the Elves to see. He laughed to himself, but let the thoughts quickly leave his mind due to the upcoming journey. Teasure...yes, that is why I am here. The treasure...