View Single Post
Old 02-20-2003, 01:46 PM   #221
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elentari was shocked at this secret, but was not surprised that Airerûthiel had wanted to tell her secret before the fight ahead. But death? No, Elentari would not let that happen. She had not come back to this land to see her friends die. Sailing to Valinor had made her realise how much suffering there was in this world, how much death and destruction there was. Her Loved One had understood why she wanted to return. Elentari had promised him that she would protect those who needed protection, to be there for them as a loyal friend.

"I too have a secret," said Elentari boldly. "None of you can know the true suffering in this land, for none of you have ever sailed to Valinor. I left this land and sailed with my family from the Grey Havens. But I saw that in this land too many people suffer needlessly, so I returned.

"My quest is much like that of Arawil. I wish to rid this land of evil, and I will until I am slain by that evil. Not one of you knew this secret of mine. I have many a time tried to forget that place beyond the Grey Havens. Peace I felt there. I hope one day all of us may find peace. Inner peace at least..." she trailed off. Elentari did not know how her companions would react, but she knew they must wait no longer.

"Come," said Khôrbar. "We must tarry no longer." With this the company continued in the dark, not knowing when they might encounter their target.