View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 02:04 PM   #209
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The next days travelling were much like the others. The same landscape, the same familiar faces. But Elentari was full of guilt when she looked at Airerûthiel's young half-elvish face. It was full of sorrow. Guild caught hold of Elentari's mind the further they walked. Why does such a young one as Airerûthiel have to suffer so much? To Elentari, her own problem seemed so selfish, so... well, stupid really. She was letting the past haunt her once more while she hadn't even tried to talk to Airerûthiel about the half-elf's troubles.

"Airerûthiel," said Elentari gently. "What is troubling you. Please tell me for it has now started to trouble me." Elentari looked at Airerûthiel's eyes. They seemed so glazed over, it was unnatural.

"It's nothing, really." replied Airerûthiel. "Don't worry about me. I'm fine..." She trailed off and Elentari knew that something terrible must have happened.
~~~
Elentari had to walk quite fast to catch up with Khôrbar without looking suspicious. As soon as they walked through the next patch of trees Elentari was pinning Khôrbar against a tree.

"You're quite strong," said Khôrbar as best as he could with Elentari nearly strangling him in her rage. "What have I done to deserve this?"

"What indeed." shouted Elentari. A little too loud perhaps, with a sprite in the company.

Even though no one was near Hreeza heard Elentari and floated above the raged elf-witch.

"Hreeza," shouted Elentari. "This does not concern you." Elentari didn't even have to look at Hreeza to send her flying backwards. Elentari was too angry to want to control her rage, and her power. Khôrbar could see a dark blue outline appear around Elentari.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO UPSET AIRERÛTHIEL?" screamed Elentari.