View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 05:23 PM   #178
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Soronūmė was riding along the road with the company though he felt somewhat alone. Eruwen was behind him and Zohariel had questionned Khorbar just before Soronūmė was able to ask Zohariel if her wound was healing. Elentari and the others were riding infront but slowly so that they were able to talk. At that moment Lorin picked up her pace and rode ahead. Soronūmė followed at speed.

Catching Lorin up Soronūmė called to her to slow down a little. When she did he could see the emotion in her face, she missed Min and the children. "We all miss them" he said trying to comfort Lorin, "even I who did not know them as long as you did had become quite attatched." Soronūmė looked upon the horses. "I think even these two miss the children riding upon their backs" he said, putting a smile back on Lorin's face.

"Yes" she replied, "I have no doubt that they will be safe with Min" Soronūmė nodded. "But I suppose we must concentrate on matters in hand. Cirith Ungol." This comment surprised Soronūmė though he suspected it was a distraction from the loss of a very good friend. "Indeed" he replied after several moments, "I believe you and your company were travelling in the direction of Mordor though I have not yet heard anyone mention the route we are all to take. I would guess we are heading..."

A sound behind the pair distracted Soronūmė before he had the chance to finish his sentance. The two stopped and looked back...