View Single Post
Old 01-08-2003, 03:16 PM   #168
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

The company had been on the road some time now but Soronūmė had noticed that Zohariel was not riding in front of him. Turning Salixrana, he could not see the one he had healed in the early hours of that morning. He called ahead to Lorin and Hreeza to continue whilst he went back to look for her.

It wasn't long before Soronūmė could see Zohariel upon the back of a horse that looked strangely familiar to him. He waited until she approached. "My lady, we thought we had lost you. I count twice now you have almost parted our company today" he said with a smile, obviously refering to her wound. "Almost" she replied "almost."

The two then rode hard to catch up with the company who were not far ahead now. Once in sight they slowed the horses. "Where did you find that steed?" Soronūmė questionned. "The horse found me" Zohariel said quietly as if avoiding something, "She seems quite tame for one wandering in the wild." "Indeed" agreed Soronūmė, "but perhaps the reason why is that she is not wild at all" Zohariel looked puzzled at this but they had now caught up with the group.

Dismounting their horses Soronūmė and Zohariel approached the company who were now at a standstill alongside the road. "So you found her then?" joked Hreeza brushing past Soronūmė's cheek. It did not make him jump but simply turn his head. "It would seem so Hreeza" was the reply as he patted Salixrana's head, "but why have we stopped?" he questionned. Elentari stepped forward with the shieldmaiden at her side. "We are now at the borders of Mirkwood and it seems we are unsure of our route ahead. It seems we have no memory of Cirith Ungol, or at least one of the directions to get us there" she spoke with a bright disappointment.

"That suprises me" spoke a strange voice some distance behind them. The company turned. "Cirith Ungol is not a place that is to be forgotten easily, and why would you all be so keen to reach that land?" It was a man who spoke, a dark figure with piercing eyes approached the company. He was a mortal man it seemed, mid 30's and had a ranger quality about him. A sword hung at his side and a bow on his back. It was several moments before he recieved an answer...

[ January 08, 2003: Message edited by: Gorothlammothiel ]