View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 12:44 PM   #234
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Dinodas smiled back at her. "I can't stay long," he said, sitting down. "Branda may need my help once again caring for the injured."

He took one of the sweet flowers from Dafodyl's hands. "Snowbell," he said softly. "It's so beautiful..." He turned to look at Dafodyl, a sad expression in his eyes. "We're all going to miss Celandine," he said. "Even though none of us spoke very much, we still became friends by just being around each other. But she's happier now than she's ever been, and though we'll miss her, we should not mourn overmuch for her. She's in peace, and she's happy."

"But who will go next?" asked Dafodyl, tears suddenly springing to her eyes again.

"No one," said Dinodas. "Or, at least, I hope not. I'll do my best to keep us all safe. Though," he said with a little grin, "I'm not the leader, I feel it my duty as a man to look after you girls. And I can begin with you. That gash really needs some treating."

"It's not that serious," Dafodyl protested.

"Any wound can be serious when it's brought by a wild animal," said Dinodas. "Come on over to Branda and I'll treat it for you, and then see what I can do to help him."