View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 11:52 AM   #177
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Dinodas explained why he was there while Lotho watched him. He felt rather nervous, feeling Robin's eyes on him constantly as well as Lotho's, but he continued to talk. What if another of their company was killed? Dinodas wanted to be friends with them all, not letting anyone else leave with him just barely knowing them.

"But I don't think you're an old crank, Mr. Lotho, sir, so I thought I should talk to you... I guess.... maybe..." Dinodas' voice slowly trailed off. He hurriedly took a sip of his ale.

Lotho and Dinodas began to talk, though Dinodas did most of the talking. Robin, watching from a distance, knew that Lotho wouldn't be able to say a word no matter how hard he tried. Dinodas was just talking to cover up his nervousness and embarrassment. Once he paused and looked back at Robin, but she immediately turned away.

Let him be fooled by that old crank, she thought. I'm not getting close to him. I don't want to get hurt!

Dinodas sighed and decided he'd ignore her for acting so rude. After all, he had just offered her with his eyes to come and join them, but she wouldn't. If he had offered to Gaddy or Hal or Autumn or Daisy or anyone else he was sure they would have come.

Dinodas turned back to Lotho and continued talking with him, and looking out the window every so often. He dreaded when they'd leave this warm inn and continue on that cold, dangerous road. But he'd stick by Bullroarer until the end.