View Single Post
Old 11-30-2002, 12:58 AM   #32
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"You asked earlier what our reasons for going to Rivendell were," Dinodas said as they continued down the road. "I suppose my reason is because of my sister. She puts all the effort she can into caring for all the hungry hobbit children, that I felt I had to do something."

Robin was gazing up at the sky as she walked along, and she suddenly realized all eyes were on her.

"Oh," she said, blushing quickly. "I came on this adventure because..." She paused. Why had she come, anyway? She had no brother or sister. There was no great reason for her to have gone along.

Everyone looked expectantly at her. "I decided I come along because I wanted to help, I guess," Robin finished lamely. "I don't exactly know why I came, but I'm sure there is a reason." She shrugged. "I guess I'm not making any sense."

Autumn was looking at Dinodas curiously, for he had a wicked grin on his face. The hobbit lad moved closer to Giles and they began whispering together. Then Dinodas moved to stand next to Robin, while Giles walked next to Autumn.

"What's going on?" Robin demanded.

Dinodas just winked at Giles, and then all of a sudden the two hobbits lads grabbed the two hobbit lasses and swung them up onto the ponies. Robin and Autumn both screamed with surprise, and then looked blankly down at the two lads.

"Who was screaming over here?" a voice said.

The four hobbits turned to see Bullroarer standing by them, and the rest of the company looking at them curiously. Bullroarer's face was stern, but there was a twinkle in his eye.

"Er... that was us, sir," Robin said, gesturing to Autumn and herself. "You see, the boys kidnapped us."

"I see," Bullroarer said. "Just don't scream anymore unless there's really something to scream about." He walked back to the front of the company, chuckling softly so as no one would hear him.

Autumn looked indignantly down at Dinodas and Giles. "Now what was that for?" she asked.

"Oh, pay them no heed," Robin said, slipping off Gil-Galad. "They're just too full of energy."

Autumn jumped off Tom and smiled. "Does that mean we're friends?" she asked.

"Yes!" came the cry from the other three.