View Single Post
Old 11-29-2002, 11:41 PM   #29
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Pipe

"How old's your brother, Autumn" asked Robin, joining in on the two hobbit's conversation.

Autumn looked over at Robin and smiled, "He's only 17. He wanted so badly to go with me on this journey, but there was no possible way that I could let him go after the attack and all. He's just not strong enough to go on this hard journey." Autumn gaze flickered to the ground, and she kicked a stone in anger.

Robin and Dinadas looked over at each other suprised. "Attack?" asked Dinadas.

"Haven't you heard of the Warg Attacks near the outskirts of Bywater? When the wargs came and attacked a small farm, nearly killing a young hobbit boy?" Autumn said, looking up at Dinadas questioningly.

Dinadas nodded, staring at Autumn in awe. "Do you mean that your brother was the one attacked by the wargs?" Robin asked her voice trembling ever so slightly.

Autumn nodded, tears forming in her eyes, though she tried to fight them back. "Yes. My brother and I were just playing outside, when, all of a sudden, wargs came out of nowhere and attacked us. I, luckily, had my dagger with me, so I was able to fight them off, but not before Bill was seriously injured. The doctor says that he is doing better, but what with the food shortage and this cold winter, it is having a terrible affect on his spirit. I just hope that he doesn't die before I can make it home with some of the food that we will get in Rivendell. I think that as long as I'm with him he won't die, but I don't know what will happen to him while I'm gone. But, I've got to keep hoping he'll be all right till I come home to him." Autumn raised her eyes from the ground, brushing away some stray tears, and smiled at her two traveling companions.

"I think that everyone on this journey has a reason for coming. That's my reason for why I'm on this quest. So, what is your all's reason?" asked Autumn looking back and forth between Robin and Dinadas.
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll