View Single Post
Old 11-25-2002, 07:35 PM   #8
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

With a sigh, Robin set to work on packing. Dinodas had to run off, didn't he? Had to meet Autumn Gamwich.

"Well, he'd better not be gone too long, or I'll be stuck packing his things, too," Robin muttered.

Going to her wardrobe, she yanked it open a little ferociously. She pulled out her knapsack and opened it. Fishing some clothes out of the wardrobe, she stuffed them carelessly in, and then walked out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. From there she went into the larder, where she snatched up what food she could find (which was not much).

"Clothes, food... water? Or does Bullroarer want us to drink from streams and such?... We'll see... er... feed for the ponies... but that's not until later. What else should we bring? Oh yes, blankets and pillows!"

Robin rushed back into the bedroom and packed both the blankets and the pillows, and then sat down on the bed with a sigh. "What else?" she muttered to herself, then groaned. "Packing is awfully boring. I wish we could get to the adventure." She suddenly blushed. "I know what my Mum would say if she heard that. 'It's not worth it if you don't work for it, Robin,' she'd say. But I'm going to take a rest and visit Gil-Galad.

Not that Robin needed a rest; she'd only been packing for a few minutes.

She left her hole and stepped out. Walking on the crisp and cold snow, she made her way towards the little stable next to her hole. It could not exactly be called a stable... it had only one stall. In fact, the stall itself was the entire building, except for a very small room where the feed and saddlebags were stored.

Shivering, Robin pushed open the 'stable' door and found herself face to face with Gil-Galad, who gave a loud whinny. "Hello, Gil," Robin said, her teeth chattering. "Had your breakfast already?" She looked at her pony's water pail. "I see you have no water left," she said. "I'll send Dinodas after some later. After all," she added under her breath, "it'll serve him right for making me pack alone."