Thread: Wolf Run RPG
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2002, 04:54 AM   #4
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Sting

Saved by the bell! Ned thought to himself. He couldn't have been more pleased if Gaddy had actually believed him the first time around. Ned wasn't really a liar, not in his heart, he just had what could be charitably referred to as a talent for exaggeration. Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story, that was his motto. Besides, with these tall and obviously capable Big Folk around, he was much more likely to survive the adventure. He sidled over to the larger of the two, a rough and tumble looking rogue with a rascally sort of gleam in his eye. "Evening sir," he began, wishing very much that he were taller, or maybe standing on a stool or something. Why did these folks have to be so blessed TALL? "Ah, hello, Ned!" The big man grinned down at him, and Ned began to feel a little more at his ease. He started to regain some of his lost momentum. "Ah, yes. I thought I'd come over and cement what will obviously be a long, and fruitful partnership," He said, in what he thought of as his "hero voice." "Aha, ha. Even the grim Mr. Farbaring... or, Fourburrow... er, what was his name again? Ah, yes. Even the grim Mr. Furbarrow couldn't refuse TWO such heroes, eh? Brandybuck's the name, Ned Brandy... Oh. Wait, you knew that, didn't you...ummm, right. Oh, yes. Ahem. Might I inquire as to your name, sir?" During this speech, the ingenious little hobbit had contrived to pull a stool to him, by use of his feet, and, by the end of it, had actually managed to climb atop it, and ended by staring the bemused (and rather delighted) Findorfin in the face.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha