View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 01:52 AM   #199
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Throndruin looked around at the others and found himself alone. Himelilek ignored him as much as she could and Oz kept giving him these little sideways grins he found extremely creepy. Of the others, only the new Elf, Hithduiniel, was paying any positve attention to him. She was, in fact, riding next to him and talking very quickly about anything and everything she could think of. It was extremely annoying. It may also explain the looks he was getting from the barbarian.

After ten minutes, he snapped, "By the Valar, shut up!"
She closed her mouth with a snap and directed her horse farther back in the group.

Ignoring Ozracles' extremely unbarbaric giggles, he addressed Himelilek, "Well, where are we going?"
She looked around thoughtfully. "Well, we're about three days north of Ossiriand and Beren and Luthien live quite a bit farther south. I'd say we've got at least another week of travelling before we get where we're going."
Ozracles broke off his laughter at this news. "A week!" He exclaimed hotly, "When I signed on here, I assumed it would be a short job!" He glared at Throndruin as if it were his fault somehow. Thorondruin ignored him.
"A week? Well, I hope you know what you're talking about...We'd better be moving on," He didn't relish being in the dangerous barbarian's company any more than Ox wanted to be in his; he kicked his horse into a canter and the others followed suit.