View Single Post
Old 07-17-2002, 01:30 AM   #82
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Giving Himelielek a scowl, Thorondruin stalked to the door, brushing the uppity Elf out of his way. She started to object, but he looked her full in the face and she stepped back without saying a word. Thorondruin took out his dagger and pressed it against Remdil's quivering throat. "I'm not going to kill you," He said in a deadly quiet voice, "I'm going to let you run along home to your ale cup. But if I ever see you again, you'll not live another hour. Understand?" Remdil nodded as much as he could without cutting his own throat. Without taking his eyes off the other man, Thorondruin reached over with his free hand and unlocked the door. Before he let Remdil go, he gave him a deep slice down his right cheek "as a reminder", then shoved him out the door into the diminishing rain.

He turned around to face the rest of the room and found everyone staring at him. "Now," he said "There's a trade caravan coming along the road near here tomorrow. We are going to rob it. We are not going to kill the traders unless absolutely necessary. We will then return here. Undertsand?" Everyone nodded, though Ullea and Dineniel looked disgusted.