View Single Post
Old 10-21-2002, 09:52 PM   #462
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The Sad Elf

Please note that the writer could not stand the dreariness of Piosenniel any longer.

I have reworked most of my most recent posts. Yes, the elf is sad, but has put it away until other concerns are taken care of. 'Sadness' is no longer a paramount issue. I have taken her out of the running for the 'tragic heroine' award.

The old Pio has come forth and put on her 'game face' now until the rescue is completed. Whatever happens during that will be dealt with then.

She will now narrow her focus, as I first intended, to the succesful completion of the rescue and the safe transference of all to Meneltarma post-flood. The rescue of Daisy and the safety of Cami and Rose will be her second focus.

She will be supportive of others for what she considers to be peripheral concerns - namely the Men as prisoners. Decisions made about these concerns will not bear upon her course of actions to see the hobbit rescue completed successfully.

There is still the possibility that through some mischance of fortune, she may die. She is realistic about this, especially since Gondolin, and that is why she has made the contingency plans with Ancalimon and Angara.

My apologies to my fellow writers - but you might want to edit your posts regarding the 'sad' Elf.