View Single Post
Old 10-11-2002, 10:56 AM   #387
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Helen --

Bird just sent me a pm that she will be a bug on Pio's shoulder and will talk through the Elf. The hobbits may think Pio is consulting someone with osanwe!

If we assume that, then, to be effective, rescue will be a midnight-to-3 am one. Let me know if that dovetails with what you are thinking. Black dragon?

The time frame is fine. They'll just have to keep the hobbits hidden all day from the guards. I don't think that's impossible, although I'm not sure how. (Take that back, I just got a great idea. He, he. This is really a good idea!! Will get back to that later.)

Personally, I would say no dragons for the ambush. Sauron is tearing up the countryside for sign of a dragon. If he hears of an ambush by a dragon in the prisons late at night, he'll have a 1000 extra guards crawling over the place the next day looking for the dragon. We can't have dragons until the very end when it's the rescue, and it's too late for Sauron to do anything.

Helen, I know you've written something about Bird. Is it a problem if she fights in human form on that last day? Bird shouldn't be near Phura. He's not participating in the Locks rescue. Nor does he have to take part in the ambush unless you want him to. I don't know what form Bird wants to take for all this. You'd have to ask her.

sharon

[ October 11, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]