View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 08:03 AM   #38
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
The Eye

Tinuviel's post

The elves walked for several more hours, surrounded by the white dimness of fog. Arilewen kept hearing odd noises, though she was sure that they were merely products of overactive imagination. The conversation earlier stayed in her mind, and the implication that there might be orcs roaming across their path frightened her. She was no warrior, to slay the foul things, though if pressed she would certainly try.

A cawing to her left startled her. She jumped, then scolded herself for being so timid. This fog was making everyone edgy it seemed. Nervous laughter filled the silence after the birdcall, Arilewen's not least. She still felt slightly embarrassed about singing in front of the group; compliments made her uncomfortable.

Solondil (she thought it was Solondil, anyway. The fog made features difficult to determine.) smiled over at her, explaining that it was only a bird, a crow or raven, most likely. She nodded and carefully studied the ground she was walking over, ostensibly to keep from stumbling.

Her feet hurt by the time Tanroth signaled for the group to halt. Arilewen was unaccustomed to walking so far. At home, she had only criss-crossed the forest, though to some, that was far enough. She sat down, noting that the fog seemed to have thinned a bit, enough that she could see the others clearly. A few also sat on rocks, rubbing their equally tender feet while the rest busied themselves with the tasks necessary for setting up a camp.

[ November 03, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]