View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 01:08 AM   #214
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The next time she opened her eyes, Énien could see they had docked. How could i have not known we are at land already... I must be spending to much time away from home. The elf was very tired, she had not slept since the last night at the Chambiras.

The burial was a somber affair, no one shed tears- they had none left. And Énien's mind seemed to wander off into the distance. Calimir was saying kind words. Frailty, everything is so frail, and some are malicious killers. were the thoughts that came into Énien's mind.

Yes, across the sea is the place for me. she snapped back into the real world, and stood as they were buried at sea. Énien said nothing. But sang instead elvish songs which Calimir joined after the first. The songs were beautiful, but filled with sadness, still no tears were shed.

Énien got her things and left the ship as fast as she could. Looking at Calimir who had done the same, as they stood looking back at the ship. "That was not the best first time was it old friend?" she said. Her skin blanched and eyes dull.
"It was not the best" said Calimir. "The journey over the sea will no doubt surface these memories, which we will have to re live, mellon" he put an arm on her shoulder. "I dont think i can care anymore, Calimir."

It was then the elf had her first proper view of Harad. Her green eyes widened. It is a wasteland!she thought and let out a gasp. Énien had not been this far into Harad, only to the very north. This place was nothing like Rivendell, no sign of greenery or falling water. "How could anyone, man or elf survive out here?" she asked aloud to the group.

~My lord, Éomer~