View Single Post
Old 05-17-2003, 05:36 PM   #113
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

THUD. Rangar rolled into the ground, momentarily stunned by this man's powerful blows. He didn't have any time to recover. With a flash of silver, the man made a slash at Rangar, only barely missing his chest. Rangar rolled away in time to avoid another stroke, and then tried to both stand and clear his ringing head. The man rushed him again, but this time did not achieve the same effect. CHANG. Their swords locked, and Rangar aimed a kick at his assailant. It worked. The man, completely winded, sunk to the ground, allowing Rangar to place his sword at his throat. With a triumphant cry, Rangar pulled the blade away to strike, Wait He stopped, and withdrew his sword. "I said I did not want your blood." He whispered "Be off, I- ARGH!" A searing pain hit Rangar square in his side. His muscles gave way, and he sank to his knees.

"But I want, and will have yours." Said the man, enjoying slowly drawing out every syllable menacingly. Rangar drew a sharp breath, and through a haze saw a shadow loom over him. Cluching his side, he tried desperately to master himself. The shadow raised something long and silver over his neck. it was Rangar's sword that he had dropped. Think, think! But Rangar couldn't think, the pain was overwhelming. Then, he felt something hard and cold. The dagger! Joy surged through Rangar as he pulled the keen dagger away, and flipped it into his right hand. As the long silver thing began its decent, Rangar rolled away again, and this time stood up tall. However, the hope was immediately taken back when a stab of pain hit him again, and he realized what was about to happen. The man turned and chuckled, and Rangar knew. He would charge, get past Rangar's meager defenses, and run him through with his own blade. Rangar gulped, and took a stance. There was nothing more he could do. Time seemed to slow as the shadow turned, smirked and set his feet. taking a deep breath, Rangar pointed the little dagger, determined on fighting to the last. But then, as the shadowy figure took his first step he halted, for from somewhere behind them, a voice yelled, "Rangar?!"

[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: Arvedui III ]