View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 07:56 PM   #11
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Welcome to the Barrow-Downs, Aladriel! This is an invitation only RPG, unfortunately and I think that all the roster spaces are filled. Please drop by the Green Dragon, a gaming Inn located in out The Shire forum and introduce yourself and your character. Tell Piosenniel and Child of the Seventh Age, the Innkeepers there, that I sent you.

Airerūthiel, typically Elven warriors are male. However you have presented an interesting character and I note that she hails from Lorien originally. Perhaps she has known Celebrian for many centuries and would not wish to be left behind in the attempt to rescue her? Why should Elrond select you to accompany the party?

The same goes for all of the other players. What characteristics/history do your characters have which would lead Elrond to choose you over, say Glorfindel? I think that a paragraph worth of backstory from each of you would be helpful to set up your characters for the game. Lugbūrz, the reasons for Elrohir's involvement are obvious, so no more information is needed from you right now.

This will not be a band of warriors marching openly to war. This will be a mission of stealth; to enter Moria, locate and find Celebrian and get her back out. Think about equipment needs, dress and pack lightly, and be prepared for hand to hand combat. And remember, this RPG takes place nearly 300 years before the War between the Dwarves and Orcs. There will be a lot of opposition so it will be better to avoid combat rather than court it. All this said, there is no guarantee that your characters will survive this venture.

The second post of the RPG will be a council in the House of Elrond to which several candidates for the rescue party will be summoned. So I will need your brief backstories soon. I'd like to start the RPG early next week.

Dark Shadow and Hirilaelin, please see my PMs.