View Single Post
Old 04-04-2003, 03:51 PM   #29
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Haven," Lord Ekatran had said. At that moment, Haven could do nothing but blink. She heard Kara behind her gasp and say 'Oh, my,' while Jamilah and Jovanna's eyes widened. Haven couldn't believe it.

"No! We don't want Haven to go!" Jo cried, as two burly eaterling men made their way through the crowds and towards Haven.

"Shhh. I have to go. Be good little girls for your mommy, all right? Everything will be fine. I'll miss you," Haven hugged each of the four-year olds, then left them with a dumbfounded Kara.

Walking up towards the podium, where only one other stood, and stuttered as she said in a clear, but surprised voice, "I am the second chosen, O Lord, and I shall be quarry for your hunt."

Haven dismissed the numbers that were called next, and focused squarly on the two slave women who followed her. Desolyn was one, and Dor...Dor...someone with an elvish name that Haven couldn't quite pronounce was after her. Haven wondered if she had seen any of these women before, but there were so many slaves as opposed to their captors that she could not distinguish the others.

Haven felt as if she were choking on something, but she kept still and silent. Under the gaze of all those people, Haven felt weak and useless. Haven could see Jamilah and Jovanna's faces as they stood on a seat to get a clear sight of their chosen caretaker.

Haven looked back towards Lord Ekatran, as je began to call more names.

[ April 04, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]