View Single Post
Old 03-31-2003, 03:30 PM   #10
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Gorothlammothiel’s post

On the back of his horse Lord Ekatran watched from a distance as ‘slaves’ worked the fields of his homeland. Under the scorching heat from the high mid-day sun he took shade from a nearby tree, not a comfort the slaves were able to have. Overseer’s watched with eager eyes as they walked the boarders of fields waiting for one of the slaves to make a mistake, one wrong move, like vultures circling, waiting for a death.

His steed adjusted its footing as a man approached on horseback from behind. He came aside Lord Ekatran and spoke “My Lord, the Hunt grows near and we believe it is time for the choices to be made.” Ekatran nodded and his eyes narrowed as he focused his sight to a man on the other side of the field, taunting a slave with his water. He lifted it above his head and as she reached for it he kicked her to the ground, laughing.

“Have you no recommendations to make?” Ekatran replied to the man at his side. “Yes my lord, there are several we suggest you take for those you hunt. There is one slave in particular who has grown unruly and another disobedient.” Lord Ekatran looked towards his company, tilting his head “Very well but are there those who are to come with me? Each year presents a different character, someone strong but willing to take orders. I do not want to return with less than I set out on as we did last year.” The man fell silent and Lord Ekatran sighed.

Turning his attention back to the fields Lord Ekatran noticed a figure past the fields seemingly ‘playing’ with some sort of animal. Torturing it then watching its pain. “What about him?” Ekatran asked.