Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2002, 07:49 AM   #128
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sofiya walked past the man, who seemed to be gaping at her, out of the Inn. Her horse, Pala, was standing near the inn eating some grass. Pala was not tied up. She didn't even have a halter or a saddle. However, their was a saddle bag near her on the ground. Sofiya rode Pala bareback as they had been friends for as long as Sofiya could remember. Sofiya actually carried the saddle back rather than making Pala wear it.

"Hello Pala." said Sofiya warmly. "I hope it's not too cold for you." Pala looked up and walked over to Sofiya. "I just came to get some money. You thought we were leaving didn't you. Not yet I'm afraid." Pala licked Sofiya on her check. "See you in the morning."

As Sofiya walked back into the Inn see heard a beautiful song. She had heard many of them when she grew up in Rivendell. It was wonderful and many of the men seemed to be crying.

"Hello." said Bethberry. "Got some money now then?"

"Yes," replied Sofiya. "I'm sorry about that. It's been so long since I've used it..."

"No matter. Would you like your horse to be put in a stable for the night?"

Sofiya seemed to get angry. "My friend, Pala, has never been in a stable in her life! I'll not force her into one now. See doesn't like tame horses."

"Oh, I see." replied Bathberry, not letting her smile leave her face. "Would you like to go to your room now?"

"No," answered Sofiya in ehr normal, kind tone of voice. "I'd like to met that elf who sung that wonderful song."

"Galadel or Dadrantor? They were both singing."

"Oh. They were singing in such harmony, I could not tell. I'd like to meet them both, I they don't mind."

[ December 17, 2002: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]