Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2002, 08:06 PM   #104
Ivy of the Woods
Animated Skeleton

Ivy of the Woods has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Mariah listened with interest to the elves greetings, though unable to understand a word they were saying.
"Please Lady Galadel and Miss Mariah, come and share a meal with me," said Dadrantor "So I may not eat alone."
She would hate to turn him down, she felt she would certainly need friends at such a time but the last of Mariah's coin had left with her sister and Mariah was never one to accept pity or charity lightly.
Opening her mouth to politely tell him she was not hungry, she noticed Dadrantor was looking at her bare feet and turned twice as red as before. As his glance turned to the elven lady, Mariah tunged on dress to fit it a little lower and bent her knees so her feet were no longer visible.
"I'm afraid I can't accept your apology Master Descender," she said, changing the subject "I might have to thank you instead, the fall I took caused me less damage than another day with a companion like Helda would."
Discomfort flashed across Mariah's face as her stomach made a noise giving away her hunger.
"I, um... can't accept your offer to eat with you either" she didn't think she could turn much redder, now that her cheeks were crimson "I have no money left with me and nothing of any value with me"

[ December 08, 2002: Message edited by: Ivy of the Woods ]