View Single Post
Old 05-24-2003, 07:07 PM   #48
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I haven't discussed this with Manardariel, but there are issues involved here that go beyond this specific game to get into questions of Shire guidelines and the Red Book. For that reason, I've written a note to Pio to clarify certain things.

In my mind, there is a clear distinction between planners and players. That means there will be people playing in the game who did not participate in the initial planning. These people will sign up when the discussion thread goes up. And I would definitely like to encourage males to apply for female roles. That could be done by notices in the Inn, and by pms to likely male suspects.

I have a note in to Piosenniel to clarify one thing--whether those planners on this thread who want to play should turn in their profiles and posts with the proposal itself, or whether they should wait till the regular sign-up process on the discussion thread. I'll get back to you on this as soon as I hear from Pio.

Meanwhile, you might want to go ahead with some other things. For example, you need a specific list of proposed characters. Some people have made suggestions in the thread for particular characters in the story. Maybe you'd want to go back through the thread and compile a list of those names with the poster listed beside the character.

Then, let the poster say whether or not she would like to play that particular character in the story. In fact, any one who has helped in the planning could at least give an indication of the particular group they want to be part of ---A, B, or C, or wherever the need is greatest.

Then you'll need to look at that list, and see how many others you'll be needing in each group. These would be the regular players who will sign up with the discussion thread. I definitely want some spaces available for Shirelings who aren't part of this discussion, since the Shire does not have fully "invitational" games except those started by the Mods with a specific purpose in mind.

Do you need any male characters at all? Denethor, Ecthelion, some distant Crosair leader? Or will those be played 'indirectly' by the women? Or will there be no direct scenes with males, only indirect ones that are shown through the minds of the women?

Cami

[ May 24, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]