View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 11:11 PM   #165
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

As the day darkened into evening, Mithadan took his turn at watch. From below, savory smells were issuing from the galley as the crew took full advantage of the new diversity in foodstuffs. For now, the man ignored his growing appetite. Cami's descriptions of her dreams troubled him deeply.

From his childhood, Mithadan had been aware that his dreams sometimes carried messages. As he grew older, he began having the now familiar dreams of the seashore and of Ulmo striding through the waves. At first, he had assumed these were some foolish imagining resulting from his hearing the tale of Tuor. This was not the case. His dreams of Ulmo were "real"; they conveyed messages or information and sometimes instructions. He had learned to trust them. How could he discount the value of Cami's dreams?

He briefly considered visiting the tombs himself, but dismissed the idea as too dangerous. Smiling, he wondered if Pio would have reached the same conclusion or whether she would have simply leaped into the waves. At any rate, Levanto would soon return with news from the caverns and that either would confirm or deny Cami's concerns.

He heard a noise behind him and turned to find Angara approaching. She stopped and stood before him shifting her weight from side to side. The effect of this was to make her appear like a snake preparing to strike. "Man," she said by way of greeting. "I wish to speak to you about Piosenniel."

"My wife?" he responded, with a ghost of a smile on his lips.

"Piosenniel," repeated the dragon with a look of irritation on her face. "She wishes to be on the first ship in the assault upon the tombs. I have offered to look after her safety and assure you that I will care for her well."

This again! Mithadan nodded politely. "I have already have agreed to her proposal, Angara."

"I wish to make sure that you do not change your mind," growled the wyrm.

"I will not," he replied. "I...believe she will be safe, particularly if you watch out for her. So do not be concerned."

"This is not like you, Man, to so easily agree with the Elf," retorted Angara. "But I will accept your word for now." She turned and stalked away.

"Angara!" he called softly. The dragon hesitated and looked back. Mithadan hesitated as he fought with his thoughts. "I trust you, Angara. You will watch her and keep her safe. But please stay close to her. She might do something foolish as the assault progresses..."

"She is far wiser than you, Man," answered the wyrm. She continued on her way.

"I do not doubt that," mused the Man.

[ October 09, 2002: Message edited by: Mithadan ]