View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 10:00 AM   #119
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

As Daisy and Bird waited for Levanto, Kali came over to them. He took Daisy and awkwardly pushed her towards the side. "Please, there's something I need to say. I tried to do it before, but I didn't know how to pick the right words."

The two small figures stood facing each other. Kali took Daisy's hand in his. "I really want to go with you and be able to help. But I know I can't do that. If I went anywhere near there, there'd be no secrets any more."

Daisy looked at the sea and waited a minute before responding, "I promise to be careful, Kali, and Bird will look after me too."

She signed and shook her head, "Kali, you're so different than anyone I met before. You reach out to people and make them feel good. You don't even have to think about it. It's part of who you are."

"For me, it's been a struggle, all my life. I want to learn how to be a little like you, to show that I care about something. I'm tired of being alone. I want to do something for somebody. I'm not afraid, at least not much. I'd rather go together too, but that's not possible."

She reached over and hugged him. They stood together for a moment. Then Kali looked down at her and said in a voice that sounded far more determined than his usual manner, "I swear, Daisy Greenhand, that if anyone hurts you, I'll come flying from wherever I am. And I won't stop running and fighting until I see you laugh again." Then, he kissed her softly on top of her blond curls.

[ October 05, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]