View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 07:59 AM   #118
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Mithadan stood at the helm watching the preparations for the departure of Daisy and Bird. There was little left to be done, yet the crew and several Hobbrim crowded about giving advice and words of encouragement. Yet, for the most part, these were directed to Daisy. Bird stood nearby, listening, but said little. Occaisionally, she would glance away to the North as if attempting to perceive what the days to come might bring.

"Bird!" he called and waited while she climbed the steps to the helm. "I wished to speak with you before you go..."

"I know," she interrupted. "I will take good care of Daisy and will learn all I can. Do not worry."

Mithadan looked at the woman gravely. "I have no doubt you will do these things. I wished to speak of other matters." He moved to the rail and she followed, standing tensely next to the man.

He smiled at her nervousness then spoke quietly. "It seems to me our friendship has waned somewhat since Gondolin. Perhaps it is simply that we are both busy or maybe there are other reasons that I do not or will not understand. Certainly, the love that has bloomed between myself and Piosenniel has not helped matters."

He placed a hand on her shoulders and looked into her eyes. "You and Pio have been together for a long time, at least from the perspective of our younger race. This should not change. She needs you at her side, as our children will, and, if it may be, I would have you there also. Please consider this. You do not have to answer now."

He took her face in his hands and kissed her brows. "Good luck. And do not take care only of Daisy. Look to yourself as well." Then he turned away and walked back to the helm.