View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 02:51 PM   #115
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Once below, they separated to see to their different duties. Pio had gone toward Daisy's room, wanting to speak with her about her role at the caverns. The sound of Veritas' voice stopped her, telling the Elf that Levanto had returned and wished to speak with her. She hurried up stairs and down to the skiff where he was waiting.

'You must have swum with strong strokes to carry you there and back so quickly!' she smiled at the tired looking Mer-man, resting against the side of the ship.

He smiled back at her and yawned. 'I thought it best to go and return quickly. Too soon will the Teleri be here, and we should have the informaton we need to finalize our plans before then.' He stretched and yawned again. 'I am right in thinking that once they are here we will proceed quickly to the rescue, am I not?' She nodded to him and bade him tell her of what he had arranged.

He said he had spoken with the Elders. They were concerned greatly when he told them of the ship which now patrolled the river, but did not know of any increased guards that had been assigned to the prisoners. They understood the need for Daisy to be placed in a position where she could obtain information for the Star, and after a brief conference among themselves, seemed confident they knew a way to accomplish this. He had told them Daisy would come to them this night, and they had assured him they would be waiting in readiness for her arrival.

She clarified a few points in his story, and then satisfied, kissed him on the cheek. 'Thank you, dear Levanto! One last thing I ask of you. Bird will be taking Daisy to the caverns and staying there with her. Will you show her the way?' He assured her he would, saying, 'Bird, eh?! How interesting!' He took his leave of her, then, and went to take his rest before the trip tonight.

[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]