View Single Post
Old 09-27-2002, 02:37 AM   #85
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Ancalimon regarded her with an amused smile. She had gone looking for Cami, and not being able to find her, had asked him if he had seen her. 'No.' he said. 'But I did see you at the railing with Mithadan.'

His face grew serious then. 'I also sensed that which you shared with him. Do you think that was wise, considering where we are and who might be listening?'

'Don't be such a storm-crow!' she chided him, smiling. 'It was only for a brief moment. Surely nothing ill can come of it.'

She saw that he did not return her smile, and her brow furrowed, now, with worry. 'Surely you cannot think something as small as this would draw his attention from other, more pressing matters?'

'I hope that it is nothing to him.' he said, his gaze turning toward the north. 'But I cannot be certain. He ranges far and wide in his seeking, that I can sense. You must be more careful, Piosenniel.'

A certain dread came over her at his words, and she trembled, though the summer sun was warm and bright. 'I have foolishly brought danger to us!' she thought to herself, her mind racing amid dark possibilities.

A small hobbrim pulled at his robes, and Ancalimon bent down to speak with him, turning his attention from her.

She went below deck and hurried to her room. Pulling the door shut behind her, she sat on her bed, looking hard into the shadows, and considered the problem in all it's variations.

The luxury of such a space of time to herself was not to be hers today, though. Soon a knock came at ther door, and Daisy's voice could be heard. 'Pio?! 'Can you please come up to the deck? Veritas is in need of your assistance.'

'Thank you, Daisy!' she said as she left her cabin. She put a small smile on her face for the benefit of the hobbit, and followed her up the stairs.

[ September 28, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]