View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 11:32 AM   #56
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio hurried down to her room. She was chilled and wet, where the wind had pushed the rain beneath her cape. She towelled off her hair, now an unruly mass of curls, and searched for some thicker leggings and a pair of sweaters. Even her socks were wet, where the water had run down the tops! 'So much for the vaunted Love keeping me warm!' she said, laughing. She shook the dampness out of her cape, drawing it around her, and hurried to the galley.

Four cups of steaming tea in her hands, the elf returned to the deck. Ancalimon and Mithadan were engaged in some close discussion, and had turned away from their watch for a few moments to speak with Veritas on some point. She handed each a cup, and they returned to their discussion, heads bent low over a map.

Pio went to the bow railing, and cradled her cup in her hands, savoring the warmth of it and the scent of the tea. She took a sip and scanned the Isle in the distance, slowly sweeping from east to west. Her eye caught something small heading out from the bay waters near the southern coastline of Hyarnustar. She narrowed her eyes, and shaded them from the light.

'Mithadan! Ancalimon! Come quickly!' She pointed toward the enlarging spot in the distance. 'It is a ship, bearing a plain black banner without device. And it appears to be heading in our direction!'

[ September 28, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]