View Single Post
Old 09-17-2002, 06:20 PM   #2
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Post by Piosenniel:

They had been sitting companionably on the deck. Pio was telling her the story of the Butterfly, Wilwarin, and pointing out its pattern in the night sky, when she felt the young hobbit's head heavy on her thigh, and the soft sounds of one who has drifted into dreams.
The elf laughed softly. 'What a story-teller, I am! I have put you to sleep!' She moved Daisy into a more comfortable position on her leg and covered her with her cloak.

Her gaze drifted up to the Silver Sickle, and she smiled, recalling the story of how Aulë had broken the silver sickle he was making, wroth with anger against Melkor for the lies he had spoken concerning the Lady Palúrien. Seven sparks had leapt up toward the heavens, and caught by Varda, they had been placed in the night sky as a sign of Palúrien's honor. Now she watched them move in their slow pattern around the pole.

Her mind turned to other matters. Cami had been pleased to hear of the Levanto's meeting with the hobbits. 'I hope tomorrow's meeting with them goes as smoothly.' she thought to herself. Her meeting with Mithadan to discuss what the mer-man had found out had also gone well. He seemed in a lighter mood and she was glad of it.

She stretched her mind out gently, touching on those aboard the Star. All seemed well.