View Single Post
Old 10-18-2002, 10:53 AM   #203
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Elanor ducked as an arrow flew over her head, muttering a few dark words. She saw Ransom jerk and heard him inhale sharply. Looking over she saw him pull an arrow from his arm. Unsheathing his sword, he glanced at the others before letting fly on the orcs.

Nearby, Elwyn too had withdrawn her bow and had started to let fly with deadly accuracy.

Elanor let the thoughts of the orcs flow into her mind, and after a few seconds she opened her eyes. She smiled to herself- they knew she was there. Satisfaction covered a little of the fear she felt. Well, if they expected a witch...
Mithwyn was hovering behind her, unsure what to do. Elanor turned to face her.
"You have two career choices here." Elanor couldnt bring herself to give Mithwyn her name. "One of them will bring you time, trust and loyalty."
Mithwyn glared back. "And the other?"
Once again Elanor smiled the smile of a crocodile whos just found his dinner.
"The other is a quick choice. Very, very quick. And Ransom will be assisting you in that career line."
Mithwyn glanced at the black demon sending orcs flying and swallowed hard. Elanor unsheathed her sword.
"The handle...or the other end?"
The elf hesitated briefly before taking the sword handle. Elanor nodded but did not smile.
"Good choice- Death isnt a great boss." She turned back to face the melee. "Dont use to much energy- theyre just illusions; hold that thought!"
"Theyre bleeding solid illusions witch!" Ransom yelled back.

Flicking her fingers our from her balled hands, the human concentrated on the fire inside her. A small ball of magefire appeared in each hand. Pressing the minds of her enemies briefly, catching their attention she walked forward. She smiled and raised an eyebrow and some of the smarter orcs suddenly caught on to who the fireballs would be aimed at. Putting both hands to her lips she blew gently...and the fire sparked up and shot into the rapidly scrambling away orcs, killing half and sending the scalded remainder scrabbling down the corridor as fast as they could.

Ransom flinched as the magefire had shot down the tunnel, but Elanor had dealt with that- no flame had harmed him; the most her got was a little sooty. Elwyn had already come back to the her friend, sword still drawn. Mithwyn, her sword not even bloody was looking with chronic jealousy at
the witch.
"Right. More will be along in a moment, but i beg you- concentrate on the fact they are not real. Nowhere near a solid as they look."
"I sure thatll comfor me when Im fighting." Muttered Ransom, but he was smiling slightly.
"Ok." Elanro took a deep breath. "Sorcerer..."